What do your students know about life in American Colonies? Allow students to experience what life in the colonies was like by taking them on a “carriage ride” through the American Colonies.
Your purchase includes:
– A 63 page presentation to guide your students through the 13 Colonies on a carriage ride
– 3 Carriage Stops with more specific information on Boston, Philadelphia and Williamsburg. Each carriage stop has QR codes to lead to video clips and interactive games. If you do not have technology that uses QR codes – you can just omit and still get great content! 35 pages of images and content make up these 3 carriage stops.
– A Word Wall to post
– A lesson plan that guides you through the activity
– Summary starters for your students to write postcards about each of the places they have visited
– Graphic Organizers of carriages and a journal for note taking and summarizing
Hire Ben Franklin as your “tour guide” and allow him to take you on a carriage ride through the colonies. As your students experience the carriage ride, they will take notes on their graphic organizer about the geography, economy and history of each region. After each region, students will go to a “carriage stop” and learn more specific information on Boston, Philadelphia, and Williamsburg. Each carriage stop will require the students to read, write summaries and watch video clips through QR codes. Students will summarize their learning with a journal entry or postcards.
This activity truly brings American history to life as students see, hear and experience the colonies. Your ELL students will benefit with the additional opportunities for visuals and discussion embedded in the lesson. A preview, graphic organizer and processing assignment is provided for the Interactive Notebook.
****Revised in August 2017*****
Do you have limited access to technology? Try this same activity without QR Codes – 13 Colonies
Looking for other great US History activities? Try these! US History!
There are no reviews yet.