In this fun Social Studies activity, students will work in groups of 4 to create a brief skit or play on any topic. They will choose their individual roles within the group, research their topic, write their skit, and build props on the first day. As the groups complete each step, the teacher will initial the steps on the checkoff sheet. On the second day they will perform their plays while other students take notes on the topics.
Prop Box Plays can be used with ANY topic!
Different ideas include:
• Explorers to the Americas
• Characters in a book that you want to summarize
• Native American Tribes
• Progressive Movement
• Key events leading up to the Civil War
• Absolute Rulers in Europe
• Loyalists and Patriots in the American Revolution
This activity includes:
Research Results Sheet
Looking for other great activities? Try these! Teaching Ideas
There are no reviews yet.