Do your students truly understand why they learn about history? Why not teach them in a fun activity? Turn your students into historians as they dig through artifacts, analyze primary sources and read information about history. This lesson guides your students through an activity where they debate the importance of history in their lives, examine artifacts, analyze primary sources, read an article and create Pop Up Experts for their notes. The lesson concludes with an illustrated spectrum. Avoid the lecture – let students learn for themselves!
Your purchase includes:
– A presentation to guide your students through the lesson.
– An article with guiding questions on the topic – Why Study History?
– lesson plan that guides you through the activity
– Artifacts from Abraham Lincoln to analyze during the activity
– Historical figures to create Pop Up Experts for graphic note taking!This activity has been written at a third grade level. It can be used for third or 4th grade.
Looking for other Back to School activities? Buy the Bundle for super savings!Back to School Bundle
© 2017 Social Studies Success, LLC. This purchase is for you and your classroom. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy. If you are a school or district interested in purchasing several licenses, please contact me for a district-wide quote. Do not share this document with Amazon Inspire.
Please review all product descriptions and previews. If you have a question, contact me before you purchase at SocialStudiesSuccess1@gmail.com. As this is a digital product, all sales are final.
There are no reviews yet.