Have fun during your Constitution unit. Review the different Constitutional Convention’s plans and compromises in a card sort.
You can play this game multiple ways – small group, station, whole group or even as a pre-reading activity. Your students can play the card sort in class as a game, then take the answer key home to study.
You will receive:
– Title Cards with images of the Virginia Plan, New Jersey Plan, The Great Compromise, and the 3/5 Compromise,
– 28 different facts to sort as a review,
– a chart for students to record their answers, and
– an answer key.
⭐Please download the preview to see more information on this resource. ⭐
2019 TEKS for 8th Grade US History
(4) History. The student understands significant political and economic issues of the revolutionary and Constitutional eras. The student is expected to:
(D) analyze the issues of the Constitutional Convention of 1787, including the Great Compromise and the Three-Fifths Compromise.
(21) Citizenship. The student understands the importance of the expression of different points of view in a constitutional republic. The student is expected to:
(C) summarize historical events in which compromise resulted in a resolution
© 2019 Social Studies Success, LLC. This purchase is for you and your classroom. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy. If you are a school or district interested in purchasing several licenses, please contact me for a district-wide quote. Do not share this document with Amazon Inspire.
Please review all product descriptions and previews. If you have a question, contact me before you purchase at SocialStudiesSuccess1@gmail.com. As this is a digital product, all sales are final.