Quickly introduce the Exploration Era in the Americas with this resource. Engage your students in with a reading activity, Doodle Notes and primary source analysis. Avoid the lecture – let students learn for themselves!
This resource includes a paper version and a 1:1 Google version to be used with Google Classroom. On the first page will be a link that will have you make a copy of the Google Doc, so be sure to be signed in to your Google account. You can then share directly with your students.
Your purchase includes:
– A lesson plan that guides you through the activity
– Word Wall Terms to teach vocabulary terms
– Image Analysis Preview activity
– Informational text on Spanish, French, Dutch, and English exploration and conquest of the Americas. Includes a content page on the impact of exploration on the Americas.
– Doodle Notes for Exploration of the Americas
– Additional primary source activity for your PreAP or GT students
– Formative Assessment or Processing Activity to assess your students’ learning
– Google Slides Option
⭐Please download the previews to see more information on this resource. ⭐
Doodle notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more information.
2019 US History TEKS for 8th Grade
(2) History. The student understands the causes of exploration and colonization eras. The student is expected to:
(A) identify reasons for English, Spanish, and French exploration and colonization of North America; and
Please review all product descriptions and previews. If you have a question, contact me before you purchase at SocialStudiesSuccess1@gmail.com. As this is a digital product, all sales are final.