Do your students truly understand why they are taking a history class? Why not teach them in a fun activity? Turn your students into historians as they dig through artifacts, analyze primary sources and read information about history. This lesson guides your students through an activity where they debate the importance of history in their lives, examine artifacts, analyze primary sources, read an article and create Pop Up Experts for their notes. The lesson concludes with an illustrated spectrum. Avoid the lecture – let students learn for themselves!
Your purchase includes:
– A presentation to guide your students through the lesson.
– Word Wall terms to teach vocabulary are in a second presentation
– An article with guiding questions on the topic – Why Study History?
– lesson plan that guides you through the activity
– Artifacts from Abraham Lincoln to analyze during the activity
– Historical figures to create Pop Up Experts for graphic note taking!This activity has been written at a 5th grade level (Lexile 1000). It can be used for elementary school or for your ELL middle school students.
Looking for other Back to School activities? Buy the Bundle for super savings! Back to School Bundle