How does the factory system lead to economic growth in the Industrial Revolution. Students will explore this topic as they analyze images and read about the Industrial Revolution. They will share what they have learned with a group writing activity.
You will receive:
– 10 Word Wall images and Vocabulary Activity (power loom, urbanization, telegraph, mill, canal, spinning jenny, cottage industry, textile, factory, manufacture, industry, goods)
– Image Analysis Activity with 8 different primary source images,
– 2 page reading on the factory system and the changes in the United States as a result of the Industrial Revolution, and
– a writing activity.
⭐Please download the preview to see more information on this resource. ⭐
(27) Science, technology, and society. The student understands the impact of science and technology on the economic development of the United States. The student is expected to:
(A) explain the effects of technological and scientific innovations such as the steamboat, the cotton gin, the telegraph, and interchangeable parts;
(B) analyze how technological innovations changed the way goods were manufactured and distributed, nationally and internationally; and
(C) analyze how technological innovations brought about economic growth such as the development of the factory system and the construction of the Transcontinental Railroad.
(28) Science, technology, and society. The student understands the impact of scientific discoveries and technological innovations on daily life in the United States. The student is expected to:
(A) compare the effects of scientific discoveries and technological innovations that have influenced daily life in different periods in U.S. history; and
(B) identify examples of how industrialization changed life in the United States.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you’ll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
© 2020 Social Studies Success® This purchase is for you and your classroom. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy. If you are a school or district interested in purchasing several licenses, please contact me for a district-wide quote. Do not share this document with Amazon Inspire.
Please review all product descriptions and previews. If you have a question, contact me before you purchase at SocialStudiesSuccess1@gmail.com. As this is a digital product, all sales are final.
There are no reviews yet.