Overwhelmed by the New Republic? Try creating a character collage with your students on Thomas Jefferson’s presidency. Engage your students in with a reading activity, Doodle Notes, and character collage. Avoid the lecture – let students learn for themselves or in a group as they create a character collage on Thomas Jefferson.
Your purchase includes:
– A lesson plan that guides you through the activity
– Word Wall Terms to teach vocabulary terms
– Fist List Vocabulary Activity
– Preview activity using the song “The Election of 1800” from the musical Hamilton
– Informational text on the Thomas Jefferson’s presidency including: the election of 1800, the 12th Amendment, the Louisiana Purchase, the Lewis and Clark Expedition, Marbury v. Madison, the Embargo Act, the war with the Barbary Pirates, and the Hamilton and Burr duel.
– Doodle Notes on Jefferson’s presidency
– Step by step directions for your students to create a character collage (either in a group or independently)
– Teacher checklist and rubric for the Thomas Jefferson character collage
⭐Please download the previews to see more information on this resource. ⭐
Doodle notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more information.
(5) History. The student understands the challenges confronted by the government and its leaders in the early years of the republic and the Age of Jackson. The student is expected to:
(A) describe major domestic problems faced by the leaders of the new republic, including maintaining national security, creating a stable economic system, and setting up the court system;
(E) identify the foreign policies of presidents Washington through Monroe
(6) History. The student understands westward expansion and its effects on the political, economic, and social development of the nation. The student is expected to:
(B) analyze the westward growth of the nation, including the Louisiana Purchase and Manifest Destiny;
(29) Social studies skills. The student applies critical-thinking skills to organize and use information acquired through established research methodologies from a variety of valid sources, including technology. The student is expected to:
(A) differentiate between, locate, and use valid primary and secondary sources such as media and news services, biographies, interviews, and artifacts to acquire information about the United States;
(B) analyze information by applying absolute and relative chronology through sequencing, categorizing, identifying cause-and-effect relationships, comparing, contrasting, finding the main idea, summarizing, making generalizations and predictions, and drawing inferences and conclusions;
(C) organize and interpret information from outlines, reports, databases, and visuals, including graphs, charts, timelines, and maps;
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you’ll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
© 2020 Social Studies Success® This purchase is for you and your classroom. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy. If you are a school or district interested in purchasing several licenses, please contact me for a district-wide quote. Do not share this document with Amazon Inspire.
Please review all product descriptions and previews. If you have a question, contact me before you purchase at SocialStudiesSuccess1@gmail.com. As this is a digital product, all sales are final.