There is nothing better to kick off your Westward Expansion unit than analyzing an image of Manifest Destiny. Change it up this year and engage your students with an Act-It-Out. Your students will begin the lesson with a 4-Corner activity to share their thoughts on power. They will then analyze the American Progress image and annotate the painting with notes. The activity will conclude with an opportunity to bring the image to life with a quick skit.
In this resource you will receive:
–A presentation that guides you through analyzing the image, taking notes and creating a Act-It-Out
-Image Analysis Questions Handout
-Informational Text 1 page reading on the roots of Manifest Destiny and Westward Expansion
–Annotated Image Handout
–Signs for the 4-Corner Activity
Interested in learning more? Download the preview.
• MANIFEST DESTINY IMAGE ANALYSIS modified for ELL
• Mexican American War Presentation and Writing Activity
• WESTWARD EXPANSION AND MANIFEST DESTINY BUNDLE OF RESOURCES
• WESTWARD EXPANSION AND MANIFEST DESTINY GAME
• WESTWARD EXPANSION LAP BOOK WITH READINGS
• WESTWARD EXPANSION LAP BOOK WITH READINGS for ELL or SPED
• WESTWARD MOVEMENT AND MANIFEST DESTINY TASK CARDS
There are no reviews yet.