The annexation of Texas was a hotly debated issue. It is one of the key turning points in both American and Texas history. What were the issues that were involved?
The lesson begins with an activity called “Get a Clue” to introduce the word wall terms. Students will then read about the issues concerning annexation and complete Cartoon Notes. When students understand the pros and cons of annexation, they will write a debate and act-it-out using puppets.
This activity includes:
–Word Wall Terms,
-5 pages of informational text (2 in favor, 2 opposed and 1 page on the result),
-2 different Doodle Notes graphic organizers,
-Directions for the Puppet Show Debate,
-Rubric for the Puppet Show, and
-Puppets to create.
⭐Please download the preview for images and a sample of the activity. ⭐
Doodle Notes is a trademarked term – used with permission.
• ANNEXATION OF TEXAS Readings and Doodle Notes
• MANIFEST DESTINY IMAGE ANALYSIS WITH READING AND ACT IT OUT
• Mexican American War Presentation and Writing Activity
• Mexican-American War Primary Sources and Writing
• WESTWARD EXPANSION AND MANIFEST DESTINY GAME
• WESTWARD EXPANSION LAP BOOK WITH READINGS
• WESTWARD MOVEMENT AND MANIFEST DESTINY TASK CARDS