1. The facilitator explains very briefly that Chalk Talk is a silent activity. No one may talk at all and anyone may add to the chalk talk as they please. You can comment on other people’s ideas simply by drawing a connecting line to the comment. It can also be very effective to say nothing at all except to put finger to lips in a gesture of silence and simply begin with #2.
- circling other interesting ideas, thereby inviting comments to broaden
- writing questions about a participant comment
- adding his/her own reflections or idea
- connecting two interesting ideas/comments together with a line and adding a questions mark